I figured I would start this endeavor with a simple definition that seems to have been lost in this maelstrom of politicking and lobbying consuming candidates and capitol hill in general.
I am sure there are some genuinely good people. Congress men and women that have true and virtuous intentions at heart. Maybe they just get bogged down by the pressure or environment they are forced to compete in, but alas it is the system that we as a people have allowed to come into being and prosper. There is no one to blame except ourselves.
I categorize myself as a Republican but it seems that the recent turn of events have caused me to seriously question this parties’ intention and the overall trajectory we are headed, not just at the party level but as a country.
- I do believe in the republic.
- I believe life begins when that first cell starts dividing.
- I don’t believe in capital punishment.
- I believe immigrants are the backbone of our country.
- I believe we should have a well-balanced military.
- We need fundamental changes to government spending.
- I do believe we walked on the moon.
- I don’t believe what they tell us about JFK.
- I do believe this is the greatest nation on Earth!
- I don’t believe we should let our opinions divide us as a people.
Obviously this doesn’t cover all of my opinions and one is always changing and evolving. This is how one learns and grows, and to truly succeed and move forward as a people and nation this is exactly what we must do!