I figured I would start this endeavor with a simple definition that seems to have been lost in this maelstrom of politicking and lobbying consuming candidates and capitol hill in general.
I am sure there are some genuinely good people. Congress men and women that have true and virtuous intentions at heart. Maybe they just get bogged down by the pressure or environment they are forced to compete in, but alas it is the system that we as a people have allowed to come into being and prosper. There is no one to blame except ourselves.
I categorize myself as a Republican but it seems that the recent turn of events have caused me to seriously question this parties’ intention and the overall trajectory we are headed, not just at the party level but as a country.
- I do believe in capitalism.
- I don’t believe abortion should be legal.
- I believe life begins at insemination.
- I don’t believe in capital punishment.
- I believe we should let immigrants into our great country.
- I believe we should have a well-balanced military but not to the point of imperialistic domination.
- I believe the rich should be able to help out more in social programs for people that need it most but it should be left up to them to pick which programs.
- I believe the welfare system is completely broken and too many people take advantage.
- I do believe we walked on the moon.
- I don’t believe well ever really know the truth about JFK.
- I do believe this is the greatest nation on Earth!
- I don’t believe we should let our opinions divide us as a people.
Obviously this doesn’t cover all of my opinions and one is always changing and evolving. This is how one learns and grows, and to truly succeed and move forward as a people and nation this is exactly what we must do!